Image: Participants at the 2020 SDN workshop near Melbourne
The April 2020 Social Developers' Network Newsletter is attached for download.
The main theme of the Newsletter is our hopes for a better future arising out of the current crisis.
- An invitation to share our ideas - at sdnhub.org.au/our-ideas.
- An invitation to join the first SDN-Wide Zoom session on 1 May.
- A report on the January 2020 SDN Workshop at the Don Bosco Retreat Centre Lysterfield, east of Melbourne.
- An announcement of the fifth book from Veteran SDNer Joan Morgan McCarthy - "Behind the Label: The Naked Truth”.
- A self-reflection focusing on a new definition of solitude, from Ray Rauscher - "Quietness in Corona Time”.
- A reminder of the opportunity we have to sustain and grow community via virtual connections, from Mary Porter - "An opportunity we must not squander “.
- An invitation from Chris Larkin to join into a new program, The Reset Reading Group, that will stimulate discussions about how we can build a better world and what it might look like.
- A reminder from Lesley Shuttleworth of the availabilty and focus of the NED grants program, and how to submit your project idea - at https://ned.org.au/projects
- An introduction to “Two Brothers Walking”, the new documentary from David Salomon, now available at ictv.com.au/video/item/3099
- A report from Tina Lathouras of highlights from the 2019 conference of Queensland Community Development. The theme was "A Place for Everyone”.
- A request for us to provide suggestions for good venues for the 2021 workshop, perhaps in Brisbane.